Monday, August 27, 2007

Wedding Bell Blues

It seems that every bride in Shelby Co. has decided to plan a wedding this week. I have yet another wedd. consultation today. My brides seem to be a little older and have a true vision of what they want before they talk to me. It is helpful. They are less indecisive. The budget is set and there is no playing around. It does help to be able to interpret what they really want.

It always amazes me what people will do for a wedding. It is as if all common sense goes out the window. The ice sculptures, the band or d.j, crazy party favors, cakes that would feed 600 people when only 200 are invited. The whole wedding planning community seems to be a racket. I liken it to a funeral. You are over a barrel and the vendors know that and don't really give you any break. I guess if I was of the same school of thought, I wouldn't have to stress about paying my kids tuition.

There is nothing like Memphis traffic. Apparently, a car hit a train down near Memphis State this morning. The train was stopped with the barriers down at Goodlet. People were going through the thing one at a time. P wanted to be near the train, but he also wanted to go really fast. I wonder how many times have cars (or people) have hit the train right there while trying to get to or from class. I know that I used to run across when I was in school. Now, I don't even like to stop close to the tracks for fear of the train jumping the track and hitting my car filled with my kiddos. Man, that makes me sound old and maw maw. When did that happen?

Maybe this afternoon, I will go out and be really reckless. I am going to let my gas light come on and drive around 240 a couple of times!!

later
'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.